Monday, December 15, 2014

I'm not afraid to die

I am not afraid of death.
Everybody thinks that it is just the worst thing that could happen to a person and they are so scared of dying, but that just isn't me.

I know how I'm going to die.
I mean I know how I'm going to die as long as it's not something spontaneous like getting hit by a bus or in a plane crash. 
Basically, if everything goes as planned I'm going to end up dying of Alzheimers.

Now that does scare me.

Do you know what Alzheimers is?
Alzheimers destroys even the brightest of minds. 
First memory deteriorates, then reasoning. 
After five to twenty years, the person becomes emotionally flat, then disoriented and disinhibited, then incontinent, and finally mentally vacant- a sort of living death, a mere body stripped of its humanity. 

So, no.  I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of losing myself.  That would be the worst thing in the world.

So I'm going to spend my life doing everything that is good for me.  I'm going to live my life exactly the way that I want to.  Not that it matters since I'm going to forget it anyway but at least when I lose my mind, I will have done everything that I wanted to and I will be able to read about it in my journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment