Monday, December 15, 2014

I remember...

I remember falling asleep to my dad tickling my back as I lay across his lap.

I remember my mom making me macaroni and cheese before I went to to my kindergarten class.

I remember hating my grandma for saving Janessa and I from the dog but not that terrified kitten.

I remember crying about it now...

I remember when my family thought I was the sweetest little girl.

I remember being forced to have my hair curled and put on leather pants that stuck to my legs for family pictures in the fall.

I remember being placed in my crib and everything being so happy that night as I stared at my canopy.

I remember watching the care bears while I ate applesauce.

I remember having the womanhood talk with my sister and my mom and thinking that that was disgusting that my sister was already at that stage.

I remember telling myself that I would never go through that.

I remember going through that... stupid.

I remember feeling that lump on my thigh for the first time.

I remember that it was right after my friend got cancer.

I remember praying that it wasn't cancer because that would be the worst thing in the world.

I remember reflecting on my dad's cancer.

I remember everyone that loves me and knowing that I will be fine no matter what happens.

I remember loving all of them in return.

I remember committing myself to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment