Monday, October 13, 2014

Shoulder Knots

"Oh dear what have you done to your shoulders.  They're filled with knots" he said.

"That one that you're touching is the homework I forgot to do this weekend.  Oh that one there was the fight I had with my sister last night.  Not too big but still it causes strife in my life.  Oh and that one there, that was when she gossiped about it to my whole family like a high school teenager.  That's a little worse than the other but I'm sure the one that's creeping up on her is a million times worse.  OW!!! OK, ya that one must've been all the days I have spent tearing down others with my words.  I don't think I intentionally allowed it to get that big but now that I know, I would like it massaged out of my life if you don't mind.  ow.... this is a painful process."

"And what about these scars?"

"Those are the knots I had to cut out of my back.  Don't worry it wasn't as painful as it sounds.  I kind of deserved it to be honest. But at least it's over now and all that's left is that scar to remind me that I have learned that lesson."

"So what's the story behind them?"

"No story.  I just have spent years burdening myself for no reason and clearly as you can see I'm a little tense.  To be honest I think that if I make one more mistake like that tennis ball one there I just might burst.  I sincerely hope that that knot right there goes away soon because I really feel bad about that one.  I deserve all these knots.  I brought them upon myself.  I just hope that everyone is as kind as you to forgive me for my wrongs and maybe one day my knots will be nothing but a bad nights sleep. Thankyou.  And I'm sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment